There is a high probability of getting a question from this chapter . If we check out the last three years papers a question appeared in all three years from this chapter . The questions are as follows:-
Jeemains 2016 paper question:-
ANS-(4) It is used in the manufacture of buckets , dustbins etc...
- It is is widely used for manufacturing various containers, dispensing bottles, wash bottles, tubing, plastic bags for computer components, and various molded laboratory equipment. Its most common use is in plastic bags
Jeemains 2015 paper question:-
- BAKELITE- used for its electrical non conductivity and heat-resistant properties in electrical insulators, radio and telephone casings and such diverse products as kitchenware, jewelry, pipe stems, children's toys, and firearms.
- POLYPROPENE- is a thermoplastic polymer used in a wide variety of applications including packaging and labeling, textiles (e.g., ropes, thermal underwear and carpets), stationery, plastic parts and reusable containers of various types, laboratory equipment, loudspeakers, automotive .
- POLY VINYL CHLORIDE-Regular PVC (polyvinyl chloride) is a common, strong but lightweight plastic used in construction. It is made softer and more flexible by the addition of plasticizers. If no plasticizers are added, it is known as uPVC (unplasticized polyvinyl chloride). Example PVC pipes , PVC cables etc..
Jeemains 2014 paper question:-
- Neoprene , Teflon and acrylonitrile are addition polymers.