JEE Main is easy to crack if you follow a definite strategy. All it requires is a little hard work and wise planning.Students are often concerned over their preparations for JEE examinations and most of the students are pessimistic of the results. Lack of confidence causes tension during exams which results in bad scores even though your are capable of scoring good scores. Below I have given some tips to follow while preparing for the JEE Main 2015 which will enable you to score good marks and boosts your confidence.
Preparation Tips for JEE Main 2015
- If you don't understand the concepts of a particular chapter, don't start worrying. Just look at the notes of that particular chapter for 30 - 40 minutes everyday. Don't strain your mind to understand it. If you repeat the activity for 10 days your brain will automatically try to understand things and at the end of 10 days you will have some understanding of the concepts.
- Your knowledge of NCERT textbooks are enough for answering most of the questions of JEE Main. So don't go for advanced books for JEE Main preparation. Solving all problems of NCERT textbooks including solved examples will be enough to get a score above 140 in JEE Main.
- Solve previous years' AIEEE (now JEE Main) and JEE Main question papers to get idea of the questions asked in the examination and question pattern.
- In the case of chemistry read NCERT book for Inorganic chemistry. Most of the students as I have seen are scared of organic chemistry and reactions in it . Just read the mechanisms given in your NCERT textbook which is more than enough for cracking organic chemistry of JEE Main.
- For the past 2 years students are complaining Physics is tougher than the other 2 subjects in JEE main. Units and Dimensions, Measuring instruments, Atomic and nuclear physics, Semiconductors and communication systems are the score boosters from which questions can be answered easily as they are mostly factual or formula based questions. So don't neglect these chapters.
- For Mathematics, solving of textbook problems and some objective books helps you to solve almost all the problems of JEE main. Just concentrate on calculus and geometry. Questions from circles and conic sections can be answered easily as most of them are direct questions.
- Give importance to your board mark as they are important for JEE Main ranking.
At last don't have negative thoughts. Enter the exam hall with a positive attitude and attempt the question with confidence.
All the best!